I have a proposition for you as Solstice darkens, and Yule logs and miraculous oil lamps beat back the night with festivity. We Northerners find all kinds of ways to get warm this time of year, and Down Under it’s hot as blazes, so what’s a little more sweat?
As a small token of thanks to our readers, new and old, dabbling and deep, I would like to help end your 2011 with a bang, or several, and here’s how: I’m giving away books – and more. Three books, or rather coupons redeemable for any of my books available at Republica Press will be randomly selected from the commenters on this thread that meet the criteria.
“The criteria?!” you cry, “What are they?”
They are these:
- In your comment, you need to name your favorite stories/poems/what-have-yous from each of The Erotic Writers (Monocle, Redbud, and Ximena), and say why they are your favorites. You don’t need to write an essay (though something deep and insightful might win an extra reward), but “because it was hot” or the like won’t count as sufficient.
- Yes, you have to choose a favorite from each of us, or your entry doesn’t count. (I know! What a hardass.)
- All stories/poetry/prose on the blog count.
- Obsidian Lens stories are fine, but note your comments here will not be behind a password wall.
- If you comment more than once, you’ll still be counted only once for the draw.
- If you comment it is implicit you’re OK with my announcing your chosen pseudonym/handle as the winner in this or a subsequent post.
When? I plan on drawing the first winner on Christmas Eve (though I don’t know my schedule, so I don’t know what time, exactly), and the second two winners on New Year’s Eve. The Christmas winner will be entered in the New Year’s drawing, and could win a second book. I’ll announce as soon as I can.
The books the winners may choose from are: Nightmares & Visions, Through a Tinted Lens, Through an Ethereal Lens, Through a Silvered Lens, Through a Haunted Lens, Tentacle Dreams, and Hearteater. More information on each is available on our Publications page linked above, or at Republica Press itself.
There’s a second Christmas Eve prize as well! The second winner can commission a story from Redbud — want a fairy tale eroticized? — always imagined a certain scenario? You name it.
So, what are your favorites and why?
And Happy Holidays from The Erotic Writer!
– Monocle & Redbud
Xmas Eve Update – First Two Winners!
*** Free E-Book Winner ***: AtALoss
(Your code will be coming via e-mail)
*** Redbud Custom Story Winner ***: AspiringWordsmith
Congratulations and Happy holidays!
Part 2 – two more E-Books given away – will be announced on New Year’s Eve. All current entrants, including today’s winners, are eligible, and ANY NEW ENTRANTS are welcome.
New Year’s Eve Update – Last Two Winners!
*** Free E-Book Winners ***: imaginaryalex and Paul Weimer
(Your codes will be coming via e-mail)
Congratulations and Happy New Year!