It’s a melodramatic title, but it’s a serious sentiment. Remittance Girl recently posted “Today Is Fantasy Pride Day” in which she sought to find out how many of her readers have sexual fantasies that include non-consensual elements. She also challenged her readers to share such fantasies of their own in comments. I will admit to being curious about our readers as well. I know Will has asked similar questions in the past, but this one is more focused. I also strongly encourage you to visit RG’s site, look at her poll, and her recent series of posts about non-consent and other taboo issues in erotica, and, especially if you answer is ‘yes’, share with her your own fantasies. Sure you can do it here too, anonymous if you like. As she says, writing it out is one way of getting rid of embarrassment or shame about such a transgressive fantasy. I’ll add, from my perspective, it’s one way of coming to own it, and to own who you truly are, through and through, twists and all. Or, blog on your own and share with us all.
Voting in the poll, or posting a story are not limited to today. We’re interested in your thoughts any time.
If the embedded script doesn’t work on your browser please go HERE.
The ‘rules’ for writing your own, for this challenge, here or any were else, are a direct copy from RG:
- The fantasy must contain some element of non-consent.
- It must be a fantasy – i.e. you dreamed it up yourself and it’s erotic to you.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re not a writer or you’re not very good with words.
- This isn’t about writing prowess, it’s about celebrating your sexual imagination.
- It doesn’t matter what gender or sexual orientation you are.
- It doesn’t matter if, in the fantasy, you are the ‘victim’ or the ‘perpetrator’ or both! Because if it’s your fantasy, you’re inventing both anyway. It’s all really you.
- You don’t have to identify yourself in any way if you don’t want to.
- It doesn’t matter how weird or raunchy it is.
- This is fantasy. Remember you’re the author of of it. You control the elements of it.
- Please don’t comment negatively about someone else’s fantasy. You’re welcome to say it’s hot, but if you criticize someone else’s fantasy, I’m not going to post that comment. This is just about letting it out, not being critical.
- Please remember that, if you might be offended by these fantasies, you’re a grown up – choose not to read further.